We want to provide you with as much information as we can concerning your monthly bill. Here, you’ll see everything from billing guidelines and how to read your bill to disputing costs.
If you have questions concerning any of the information on this page or about your bill, click contact us365体育足球滚球比分 found throughout this page.
Payment of Bills
EPE bills you on a monthly basis. If you do not receive your bill at the usual time, please contact us.
365体育足球滚球比分Payment is due sixteen (16) calendar days after the date the bill is issued. If the sixteenth day falls on a holiday or weekend, then the due date is the next business day after the sixteenth day. When payment is not received by EPE or an authorized agent before close of business on or before the due date, EPE considers the bill delinquent.
The due date appearing on your bill applies only to the current month’s billing. If your bill displays a previous balance, the current bill due date does not apply to that balance.
Your bill is considered delinquent when you have a previous balance and is subject to disconnection for nonpayment. If a check is returned to EPE by your bank unpaid, there will be a returned check charge. Returned checks must be paid by cash, money order, or a cashier’s check. After a cash payment is received for the balance of the returned check plus the returned check charge, the returned check will be sent to you if you provide a written request accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope. If the bank presents a letter to EPE indicating a check has been returned as a result of the bank’s error, there will not be a returned check charge. EPE does not accept post-dated checks.
Information on your Bill
365体育足球滚球比分Payments made to unauthorized collection agencies are made at the risk of the customer. Copies of our rate schedules are available at all of our business offices. Please be sure to refer to the particular type of service when looking up this information.
To request a Customer Handbook outlining the services you are entitled to as a customer, please contact us.
Definition of Terms on the El Paso Electric Bill
- Customer Charge: The customer charge consists of those costs incurred in making service available including meter and meter reading costs, billing, record keeping and customer service costs.
- Energy Charge - Texas: The energy charge is all costs associated with producing and distributing electricity except fuel costs and customer charges.
- Energy Charge - New Mexico: The energy charge is all costs associated with producing and distributing electricity, including a base fuel charge and does not include customer charges.
- Fuel and Purchased Power - New Mexico: This charge recovers the cost of coal, oil, natural gas, uranium and any other fuels used to generate the electricity we produce and power we purchase from other utilities.
- Demand Charge: If applicable, this charge recovers a portion of EPE's fixed investment and operating costs associated with generation, transmission and distribution facilities that are in place to meet customer demand for electricity any time.
If you have a dispute or complaint with respect to EPE's billing procedures, deposit requirements, disconnection of service, meter problems or any matter generally relating to EPE's relationship with you as our customer, please contact us.
365体育足球滚球比分If you dispute a bill, you do not have to pay the disputed amount until resolution of the dispute by EPE. If the dispute is not resolved, EPE will inform you of the complaint procedures available at the Commission. If you file a complaint with the Commission, EPE will not disconnect your service for a disputed amount during any phase of the dispute resolution process until the Commission informs you of its determination; but EPE does expect you to pay all other non-disputed charges as required.